Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Family Matters


Meet Soren, my 2-year-old nephew. He wears converse sneakers, has an obsession with brooms and golf clubs, and has gorgeous golden curls that I am envious of. He resides in Portland with his parents (my sister Cho and her husband Scott).



Meet Cora and Claire, my neices. Cora is 4 years old. Her favorite animal is a pigmy marmoset, her favorite article of clothing is her princess dress, and she absolutely loves spending time with her Aunt Desi. It's true - just ask her! Claire is 2, and her current favorite word is "why?" She thrives off creating messes and peeing on every clean surface in her house, and has the most intense head of bleach-white hair I have ever seen, especially right after waking up. They live in Boise with their parents (my sister Amber and her husband Mark).



These are the girls in my family, in a traditional family pic (probably, it's better if you just don't ask): My sister Cho, me, and my sisters Amber and Michelle. These girls are my best friends.



This is my favorite (and only) little brother, Michael, and his wife Anne. They live near my hometown of Payette, ID. And no matter what he says or how strong he looks, I really can take him down...



Next up is my mom, Jeanne, and my step-dad, Val. They live in Payette, Idaho, and I would say they are empty nesters, except they share their five acres with some chickens and cows. My mom was recently crowned Superest Mom of the Universe, and still the title does her no justice.

I need to add a picture of my step-mom, Trista, which is extremely difficult as she refuses to be in pictures! However, I will accomplish this mission...Just know she is a pastry chef, and makes one mean cherry-pear crisp with coconut almond topping.... I do not have any current photos of her, but please know my half-sister Angelina is also a very important part of my life.
Finally, as soon as I am able to upload them, I will scan in some photos of my Father, Steven Lewis Heide, who passed away May 28th 2004. He was a man you would have argued with, while enjoying a mexican feast at one of his favorite mom and pop restaurants. You might have rolled your eyes at his ridiculous wit, or maybe listened as he played one of his "hand clapping, toe tapping, knee slapping, sweet country songs"on his guitar. You would have really enjoyed him.
This is my family; may you get to know them and love them as much as I do.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!! This is such a beautiful blog. Vince told me you started one so I had to look it up. I especially love the pictures of your nieces and nephew. GREAT photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desi, you are beautiful, and I'm really looking forward to more of your blogging. Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, did everyone know before your, and I quote, "best friends."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! You finally got a blog. I'm excited to keep up on what's going on in your life now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so fun to learn about your family. I must admit while you were in Watertown I always was a little intimidated by you. You were so talented, graceful and beautiful. I know you have a crazy side too, but wow... you are amazing. I'm so glad that you appear to be happy, healthy, and busy. I look forward to following your blog. And, if you didn't know Jen Florek Campos has a blog too. Just leave a message on my blog if you want her info. She is pregnant for her second (her first is only 6 months), married, loving life and active in the church again! That girl amazes me! I'm not sure if you keep in touch still or not, so just wanted to pass the message along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Desiree. I haven't talked to you in a while. I need to be better about calling you. But whenever i think about it, it is late and I don't want to disturb you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooo look what I stumbled upon! Desiree's blog - Waaaa Hoooo!

    I like your family introduction post - I may have to copy you some day.

    ReplyDelete