Monday, June 8, 2009

How to make something...out of nothing

My friend Bridgid injured her foot a while back and called me tonight for a ride home from work, as she can't drive. We both had to be at the same place at 7pm, so we stopped at my apartment to grab a bite to eat on the way. Only when we walked in did I remember I'm in the process of moving, and don't have any furniture, hardly any utensils, only one pan, and basically no food. Obviously, being a hostess is not my day job! So, I offered Bridgid the only seat in the house - my exercise ball - (at least somebody's getting use out of that thing!) and proceeded to cook her a spontaneous meal with any ingredients I could dig up. Let's just say I am well on my way to being America's Next Top Chef (or, maybe Bridgid is just a wee bit too nice), but she actually asked for seconds of my sauteed Broccoli/Asparagus/Snap pea/almond/black bean concoction, topped off with Braag's Liquid Aminos (a product just as tasty as soy sauce with a fraction of the sodium, which I feel everyone should embrace).

Anyway, here is a picture, snapped on my cell phone, of Bridgid balancing on my exersize ball in the corner, eating my yummy masterpiece - with a spoon. (Just so you know, I did offer her the one fork in the house, but she apparently thought taking on broccoli with a spoon would make her cool..)


Bridgid, anyone who can give me a memory like this one is autimatically cool, spoon or not!

4 comments:

  1. What is this aminos you speak of, and is it really as good as soy sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that sounds delicious. Aren't you glad that I turned you on to Bragg's Liquid Aminos? Best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At my last grocery store adventure I saw that Braggs Liquid Aminos and wondered if it was any good, what I'd use it for and even pondered purchasing it. But decided I should find out about its uses first. This is so ironic to find a friend my age uses it! So cool, Desi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot it has been a great support, now to make something...out of nothing is definitely very easy by using your information. Kudos

    ReplyDelete